Daughters of Our Lady of Pieta'


WHO ARE THEY?
What distinguishes us is the Joy of Belonging to Him forever. With such a Joy, a gift of Christ even among difficulties, we witness the HOPE in the strength of the Cross and Resurrection; We witness the LOVE , of which the Cross is the greatest proof; We witness WISDOM which comes to us only from the Cross. We are signs of the Spirit of Beatitudes, of the eternal life, yet present here on earth.

- We are Angel’s of Kindness wherever we go.
- We are call to share of the personal experience of Jesus in the relation with the Father.
- We are call to embrace the cross that identify us with Jesus.
- We are call to transform the cross into Joy by means of the Holy Spirit.
- We are a community born within the Church from the love of the father who in his inscrutable design has called us to follow more closely Jesus Christ, chaste, poor, obedient to continue his mission of love and salvation.
- We want to be a total gift to God our supreme love.

THEIR CHARISM
"IS TO CONTINUE THE ACTITUDE OF MARY AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS WHERE MARY ACCEPTS WITH LOVE HER SON JESUS, AND SHE IS ASKING US TO CONTINUE SUCH AN ACTITUDE TOWARDS THE NEEDY, WITH RESPECT, GRATUITY, SILENCE AND JOY"

HISTORY
Since 1849 in Ovada Maria Teresa Camera lived in community with few companions who day after day increase in number.

In the community the first place is given to Meditation, Prayer , the Sacraments, then the Apostolate is carried out , with tireless assistance to the sick people in the house to house service and in the hospital. Teach catechism to the children and trains the girls for the job in a small workshop for sewing and weaving and thus she educate them to the faith. Some of them work in the bakeshop located on the grown floor of the house and distribute bread; in doing so they help the poor and provide them with food and medicines. People call them “Teresians”.In 1980 the group is compose of 20 girls, Msgr. Pagella the vicar General of the diocese of Acqui gather them into a Pius Institution.He prepares the first draft of constitution which are approved on march 3, 1892 by St. Joseph Marello ordinary of the diocese.In 1893 the Church receives the first Religious Temporary Professions which will be perpetual in the year 1909.During the World War I the sisters become tireless nurses for the sick and wounded soldiers in four military reserve hospitals, St. Chiara, Lazzaretto, Regina Margherita, and Instituto Isnardi while offering this service of Charity, quite a good number of sisters got infected with tuberculosis. The death of many young sisters was blood baptism and become know as the evangelical seed of vocation, generous and in good number.The authoritative voice of the Church acknowledges the Blessing of God and, on Dicember 1923, the Bishop of Asti, Msgr. Luigi Spandre establish the Pius Institution into “ Religious Congregation of the Daughters Of Pieta’ “ of Diocesan right, and approves its constitutions sign of vitality and authenticity in the local Church .In 1931 the same Bishop authorizes the new name “ Congregation of the Daughters of our Lady of Pieta’ “ . Such a name has a value of deepening and clarification in the Spiritual journey of the institute because each sister, in her apostolate, service and charity chooses as a model the Sorrowful Mother active and sharing in the suffering of Jesus.On February 2, 1952 the Congregation is civilly recognized by the Italian Government as a “ Non- Profit Corporation Mo. Maria Teresa Camera.In 1969 the special General Chapter is the sign of prompt and committed adherence of the Congregation to the new Pentecost of the Church in the Second Vatican Council. With the contribution of all members the Constitutions are updated, approved “ad experimentum” on March 27 , 1970 by the diocesan Bishop of Asti Msgr. Giacomo Cannonero.On July 19, 1972 the church rewards the humble and attentive work of renewal the humble and attentive work of renewal, granting to the Congregation of the Daughters of our Lady of Pieta’ the pontifical recognition and becomes a Religious institute of Pontifical Right; A clear sign that the Charism of Mo. Teresa Camera is valid for the local and universal Church because the Paschal Mystery of salvation is lived according to it’s peculiarity.

CONTACT
Good Samaritan Hospital - Tetere
Phone: 36015
Email: pietasolomon@yahoo.com